Miami: where I live and you vacation…but there is so much more to Miami than sunshine and (Alamea) bikinis! Here is a list of my top recommendations for everything foodie, adventure, and exercise:
- Finka – the most delicious Cuban-Asian fusion!! MUST get the tostones topped with vaca frita, arroz con pollo fritters, islas canarias croquetas, vaca frita pizza and masitas de puerco + the cookie skillet and guava cheesecake to end. YES, all of those things, no excuses!
- Casa Cuba – local authentic Cuban food (the best kind). Can’t go wrong!
- Sir Pizza – a casual go-to lunch/dinner spot for Miami locals after a long day on the beach in Key Biscayne (pro tip: dip your pizza in ranch).
- Komodo – for a fancy, quite expensive, but très yummy night out…all their food is DELICIOUS.
- St. Roch Market – super cute brunch spot with outdoor seating in the iconic design district! Truffle avocado toast to garlic shrimp tacos to fluffy pizzas by the slice!
- Luke’s Lobster – the only lobster roll you will ever eat. Warm buttery bread…chilled fresh lobster…need I say more?
- Pubbelly – Pubbelly has three nearby Miami locations, therefore there is no excuse not to go! Must order: big eye tuna, rockshrimp tempura & Wagyu beef tartare roll.
- Casa Tua – a classy version of a food court in Brickell City Center…pasta + steak every time.
- Kiki on the River – Greek restaurant on the Miami River with a viiiiibbeeeee. The most aesthetically pleasing + perfect dinner before a night out.
- Lokal – when you’re craving a nice juicy burger.
- Whisk – burger fridays have my heart but so do their chicken fingers…
- Boca’s house – the most extravagant milkshakes dangerous to all with lactose intolerance.
- Villagio – They. Have. Chocolate. Lava. Cakes.
- Fireman Derek’s – for the yummiest pies.
- Piononos – for the iconic strawberry pavlova featured in every Miami family event.
- @sweetsbysofi – for a personal order of homemade cookies that will make gaining a few pounds worth every second.
- Whip n’ dip – the local ice cream shop that will never run out of business! The best cookie cups, cookies, soft serve, ice cream, etc. I suggest getting an unfrosted cookie cup, having them heat it up, pour vanilla soft serve on top, and top with some oreos or sprinkles. You’re welcome.
- Knaus Berry Farm – people drive there at 5am to wait in the longest lines for these cinnamon rolls…that says something.
- Azúcar Ice Cream – Abuela Maria ice cream on Calle Ocho? Yes, please!
WHERE TO GO WHEN THESE DESSERTS ARE HURTING MY (ALAMEA) BIKINI BODY–
- Casa Vinyasa – yoga every damn dayyyyyyy
- The Studio - yoga FROM HOME!
- Tremble – pilates on a megaformer for an ass kicking workout that will simultaneously kill you/make you feel beautiful
- F45 – burn 800+ calories in a workout that makes you feel like a badass (with a good ass)
- SoulCycle – for that uplifting cardio
THINGS TO DO–
- shopping and people watching in Lincoln road
- see the contemporary art in PAMM
- shop and walk around the iconic Miami Design District
- bike down Shark Valley
- have a picnic and some A.C.’s Icees at Kennedy Park (maybe bring your dog)
- go boating to Elliott Key
- tan at Miami Beach (in your #alameaswimwear, of course)
- find your zen at a yoga class
- walk the Wynwood Walls
- drive through Miami’s Art Deco District
- take Bright Line to Palm Beach and eat at Restoration Hardware
Hope that satisfies your Miami adventure (&foodie) needs!
Owner/Designer of Alamea Swimwear